Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Soup Varieties

Last week, a dear friend (who is like a sister to me) was sick. I wanted to bring her two different types of soup. So, I added different meats to my vegetable soup and dropped off two mason jars of homemade soup! Simple!

One basic soup recipe, many different soups!


To my basic soup recipe, I add:
 chopped roasted chicken for Chicken Veggie Soup
 some spaghetti sauce for a Tomato Meat Soup
 chopped homemade sausage for a Spicy Sausage Soup
 spicy shredded chicken for a Spicy Chicken Soup
 spicy ground beef (recipe coming soon) for a Spicy Mexican Soup

Then, top off with:
 grated sharp cheddar or parmesan cheese
 a large dollop of organic sour cream
 avocado chunks

Enjoy!


Since I often have mason jars full of soup and different meats in my freezer, dinner is easy. I especially appreciate this after a long day at the office. I move the jars from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before. The next evening, dinner is simple, satisfying and stress free!



No comments:

Post a Comment